Here are several factors you should consider when hiring a criminal defense attorney:
- Hire an attorney who is licensed to practice in your particular state because legal statutes may differ from state to state.
- Hire an attorney who has a specialization in your particular charges because he or she will be more experienced in that area of criminal defense.
- Hire someone who is respected by the judges and receives a good amount of referrals from clients and other attorneys.
- Hire someone who meets all your qualifications and is within your price range.
- Always choose someone who is friendly and easy to communicate with.